If you’re feeling that intuitive call to become a certified 200hr Yoga Instructor, you’re in good company!
However, there’s a few things we wish we knew when we first became instructors that could’ve helped us find the right program, so we created a list of the top 5 things to look for in your 200hr Yoga Teacher Training.
Check them out below and watch our YouTube video for additional details. We included a bonus tip that you might find handy as well, so watch till the end!
1. Choose a YTT with a thorough understanding of the lineage and origins of the practice of yoga
2. Find highly skilled instructors and/or facilitators who’s words match their actions
3. Be sure your program includes anti-racism and holding inclusive space training threaded within
4. Look for a YTT that utilizes trauma-sensitive language and/or education 🤎
5. Ensure the YTT is non-performative in nature and goes beyond asana, or just the poses
Here at iya, we also host the iyaKIN 200hr YTT. We’re incredibly proud of this non-perferformative yoga training we’ve created and how it reflects different lived experiences. We’re currently accepting applications for our next cohort and invite you to apply HERE if you feel called to do so.
We also invite you to vet us, and ask all the questions you need to ensure this is the right fit for you. It might not be, and that’s ok too!